Mar 19, 2009

Pro Flowers Easy Saver scam continues

You may think that ProFlowers would finally get tired of the bad press resulting from their "partnership" with Easy Saver. Apparently that is not the case.

Easy Saver stole money from me nearly two years ago. ProFlowers gave Easy Saver my credit card info, so it was a joint effort. I did get all the money returned to my bank account after calling both scammers.

Since then, I have blogged about my experiences and have seen increase traffic to my blog. The search terms which bring folks to my blog? Yep, "Easy Saver scam" "Pro Flowers Easy Saver Scam" etc.

And if I didn't have a calendar, I'd know a holiday just passed by because of the increased activity on my blog. Valentine's Day was almost exactly a month ago and folks are wondering "What did I buy from Easy Saver?" Believe me, I know...been there, done that! They scammed me for over $100.

My advice to anyone who found this blog-post is, be diligent! Call ProFlowers, call Easy Saver and demand a FULL REFUND! Then call your local BBB and DA...let's put an end to this type of scam! Some day, I hope folks won't be searching the web for information about Easy Saver Scam. Easter is coming up...if you're sending flowers to someone, beware of the Easy Saver Scam on ProFlower's website.

related posts:
May '09
November '08
November '07
May '10

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Bruce said...

I just got nailed by Easy Saver for this same thing, as a result of Proflowers. I have used Proflowers for several years and this is the first time (that I have caught) that this has happened. Their customer support department is not very helpful in this regard, but I have disputed the charges with my CC company.

30 March, 2009 15:55  
Blogger Bruce said...

Actually got ahold of Easy Saver at 800-355-1837. They agreed to cancel my membership and refund the charges, much more quickly than Proflowers was willing to deal with it. It appears that by merely clicking a link that pops up about 15% off or something, I agreed to sign up for this rewards program. Albeit I don't remember doing this, even if I did this seems to be a heinous scam. Proflowers.com should be ashamed of associating themselves in this type of business practice. But, now they have a C rating on the BBB. And they have lost another customer.

30 March, 2009 16:43  
Blogger stephen said...

WTG, Bruce!! I did not know the BBB had a rating system...thanks for that bit of info, ProFlowers deserves a failing grade for their swindling practice.

30 March, 2009 18:46  
Blogger Bruce said...

Not really a per-user rating system, but more a result of the number of issues they have. I forgot how I got there, but their area on the San Diego BBB shows a C rating. I would hope we could get enough disgruntled people to push them down to an F. However, given that they are not a BBB-accredited business, they may not really care. Given the fact that this little scam of theirs has been going on for over a year indicates that they don't care, as they clearly haven't done anything to fix the problem. EasySaver certainly shares a big part in the blame, as they are the artist - but Proflowers.com is providing them the performing venue. Given that so many people have trusted this company (as I have for many years), they provide quite the cover for EasySaver. Best thing I can do is boycott them, but I don't know that I alone can do that much.

30 March, 2009 19:48  
Blogger Unknown said...

I too was almost a victim of this scam! But thanks to all the scam on line info about easy saver (like this blog) I was able to get my $ back, and scold them for their disgusting company practice. shame shame shame! p.s. thanks for the info!

Teresa
Hoboken NJ

23 July, 2009 16:38  
Blogger stephen said...

Teresa, I'm really glad you got your money back...that's a lot less money in ProFlowers' & Encore Marketing's pockets. I suspect we'll be seeing a class-action suit soon. I've had some interesting e-mails lately.

23 July, 2009 22:34  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Better Business Bureau of DC gave this company a D- rating with over 736 complaints in the past year. I will be filing a complaint soon because these scammers need to be put out of business.

The lady also told me to call the consumer protection agency which is government run, whereas BBB is non-profit.

Hope this helps!

21 October, 2009 08:11  
Blogger Unknown said...

I too got nailed after sending my girl some flowers for valantines day just today I noticed 2 charges for easy saver so calling them thay said they would cancel and refund. I will never order from pro flowers again!!

02 April, 2010 11:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you spreading the word. There is a new link on the facebook boycotting the ProFlowers "Boycott ProFlowers.com - Stop Fraudulent "Easy Saver" Charges!"
Please join us in our fight to stop the scammers and sites that STEAL our money!

Thanks!

30 May, 2010 08:50  
Blogger stephen said...

Thanks for visiting and I'm definitely never patronizing ProFlowers again.

VISA has taken a stand against Easy Saver and ProFlowers scams and I think, unless ProFlowers wants to be "cut off" by VISA, they'll listen.

Also, there is a class-action suit against ProFlowers in progress.

30 May, 2010 11:35  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home